The use of sage is for healing and ridding of negative energy from a space or object. The smoke is used to bless, cleanse and heal the person or object being smudged. Sage is used to ‘wash off’ the outside world when one enters ceremony or other sacred space. Objects are likewise washed off with sage medicine smoke to rid them of unwanted influences.The plants that are called sage can come from very different families of plants.
* Native American’s were known to use white sage for healing, clearing spaces, ceremonies and more through out history.
* Clearing out energy in our surroundings can improve our moods, our intuition, and promote healing.
* Smudging crystals, stones and other objects can also remove any unwanted energy that has been left behind.
* White sage can be used for energetic cleansing, dispelling of negative influences in the spirit realms, purification of the atmosphere, and calming the energy of fiery emotions, arguments, and confrontations.
* Open windows & doors, light the end, blow the flame out & allow the space to be filled with the sacred smoke. Say a prayer, affirmation, or anything else you feel called to say to cleanse the space.
How to use:
Burn your Smudge stick and let the smoke permeate and cleanse. Waft the Smudge smoke with the feather so that the smoke cleanses the entire room. Once done, snuff out the fire against an abalone shell, store away in a pouch and save for later use.
**Please make sure that a smudge stick is COMPLETELY out before leaving the area unattended**
Burning Instructions: Light the wand from the top end and place the burning wand on a safe surface.
Keep out of reach of children, animals and flammable material.
Setting Your Intention:
While you are cleansing your space, crystals, or your jewelry, make sure that you keep a strong and focused intention in mind. Feel free to say a prayer, call on Angels, Spirit, or any other God, or Goddess to assist you to cleanse and purify your space while setting your intention.